Friday 20 April 2007

Sniffs

Anna was out last night. She goes out every two or three nights, and she usually comes back smelling of dog so I have to have a good sniff at her! Good job I'm not jealous that she talks to other dogs.

Humans are strange sometimes. They don't sniff things like us dogs, I don't think they're any good at it at all. Except sometimes when I smell really really nice, they make me have a shower! Like the other week we went out and I splashed around in the river and got nice and muddy. As soon as we got in I wanted to have a good rub on the carpet and the sofa but instead they took me into the bathroom... I don't really mind the water but it always takes ages and I get fed up. Still, once I'd dried I got lots of strokes because Anna said I felt all soft.

While Anna was out, I let Michael outside. He had some of that nice crunchy food with him that I like, but he didn't give me any. He gave it to the two prickly things that are outside in a pen now, and to the other one that's in the other pen. But there was another one of them outside the cage, wanting to get to the girls! Michael was a bit confused and he had to check that one of ours hadn't escaped. Silly Michael. Anyone with a nose could tell that it was a different one, it smelled much nicer.

I wonder if they make the prickly things have showers too?

Anna's been all excited recently about the bird that's sometimes outside the door. I've seen him inside the house a few times trying to find the wriggly things in their box, and Anna sits in the doorway and puts wriggly things on her hand and he sits on her hand and takes the worms away. She calls him "Mr Robin". I usually go and lie in the utility room in disgust. And I don't understand. Why has she got the wriggly things if she doesn't want them? They aren't good to eat. There's another bird too, it's black like me, it runs to the door and eats the wriggly things but it flies away if it sees Anna. Must be scared, but it's much bigger than the other one. Silly, doesn't it know that Anna won't hurt it?

Well, I'm off to see if I can persuade Anna to let me play with my ball....

xxx

1 comment:

Emma said...

My mummy sniffs me, she says my feet smell cheesy, and she smells my mouth sometimes after I've eaten the muesli dog biscuits because she likes the smell of them. I like smelling her mouth too, I always know when she's eaten something, even if she tries to be sneaky and does it when I am asleep.

My mummy said to tell you she is jealous of your mummy with Mr Robin coming into her hand. Her Mr Robin won't do that.

I've still managed to avoid going in the bath, I think my mummy has forgotten, huff.