Saturday 31 March 2007

Well I've had a very boring week. I've spent a lot of it tied up! The men who have been visiting all week have been nice to me but I'm not allowed to help, they won't play with me and they say I get in the way! How rude, it's my house.

There was a man who came and put funny-smelling pink mud on the walls who I liked a lot, but he was only here for a day. He was telling me about his dog, I don't see so many other dogs now, apart from Toby next door. Usually when I go out with Anna there's no-one else out which is a shame because I like other dogs even though I have to growl at them sometimes if they do something I don't like.

So I was really happy today when Anna asked me if I wanted to go out for a walk with my friend Quonnie (I don't know if I've spelt it right, it's a funny name, and I'm just a dog). Quonnie works very hard as a guide dog, her human Sarah needs help to get around safely. I don't really understand but I think Sarah can't see, and she certainly can't smell as well as us. Anyway we went in the car and drove for ages, I was really excited because I knew I was going to get a good walk!

When we got to the house Quonnie very kindly brought me one of her toys but I'm not really interested unless it's a ball! But there were loads of new things to sniff, and then we went to the park. The park was great, you could see for miles over something Anna called Sheffield and there were loads of dogs to say hello to. There was a smaller dog who was a bit nervous of us but I didn't take any notice, I knew she'd be pleased to see me but she wasn't! She growled at me and then Anna shouted. Silly dog. And a boxer who growled at me too, but I didn't do anything wrong. And another dog who tried to get a bit too friendly with me so I had to growl at him! But mostly the dogs were nice, and quite a few people stopped to fuss us too. And loads of smells!

As usual when we go out, Anna kept looking at birds (she didn't see many though) and stopping and saying things like, "You hear that? That's a greenfinch!". I don't know why she bothers, you can hear birds all the time, why listen when there's so much to sniff?

The meanies got some nice-smelling sandwiches to eat in the park, and I didn't get any. Just biscuits and water. Not fair.

I was quite tired by the time we'd finished in the park, but then we had to walk back to the car too. We did stop outside a cafe though, the humans drank some fruit stuff and we had some nice clean water and a rest under the table and some stroking from people who walked past.

And when we got back to Quonnie's house I got to play with a ball for a while, but just as I was getting down to the serious business of destroying it, Anna took it away. Meanie. But I was a bit too tired to care much, so I shared Quonnie's bed for a while and had some love from Sarah. Sarah likes me, she keeps telling me I'm waggy and beautiful but she doesn't like me pushing past her up the stairs, and sometimes she doesn't know whether it's me or Quonnie coming up to her. She says we'll go out again, and next time Quonnie's friend Una and her human Hayley will come out too! Una is a guide dog as well, and I'm looking forward to meeting her. I'm glad I'm not a guide dog, I like to sniff at things while we're walking but Quonnie isn't allowed to do that.

So it's been a tiring day. I've spent most of the evening sleeping on a pair of Anna's jeans in their bedroom - I was quiet so they couldn't hear me but they found me after a while!

Hopefully next week will be nice, Michael said he'll be home at least one day so maybe I can take the two of them out somewhere.

Right, I'm off to bed again now.

xxx

3 comments:

Emma said...

It sounds like you had a nice time in the park, but some of those other dogs were a bit scarey. Your mummy sounds dead mean, my mummy always shares her picnics with me. Huff.

oldcrow61 said...

Your friend is lovely.

Summer said...

Those dogs didn't scare me!

Sometimes Anna shares with me but often she doesn't. I think she doesn't like me asking, whenever I ask for a bit I get told off and I don't get any! But sometimes it smells so nice I just can't help it.